Fire up the Flavor this Fourth of Julyby Top of the Hill on June 26, 2023
This Fourth of July, fire up the flavor of your barbecue with some veggie foil packs! Grilling is a classic way to celebrate the fourth, and with these easy and fast veggie foil packs, you can add some delicious, fresh flavor to your cookout. With just a few simple steps, you can create a flavorful side dish that will please anyone.
Assembling Foil Wraps
- Start by selecting your favorite fresh vegetables, such as corn, bell peppers, onions, and mushroom.
- Cut them into bite-sized pieces, toss them in a bowl with olive oil, and add a generous sprinkle of your favorite seasonings such as Tom Douglas’ Rub with Love Veggie Rub. This seasoning is specifically designed for vegetables and will help to bring out their natural flavors.
- Take a large sheet of aluminum foil and place a handful of seasoned veggies in the center.
- Fold up the edges of the foil to create a tightly sealed pouch. Repeat this process with as many veggie packs as you need.
- When it’s time to start grilling, place the veggie packs on the hot grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- Carefully remove the foil packs from the grill and serve hot.
Customize with Protein (Optional)
If you want to turn your foil packs into a complete meal, consider adding your favorite protein. Some excellent choices include shrimp, scallops, or chicken. These additions will not only complement the vegetables but also add a satisfying boost of protein to your dish. With a little creativity, you can create flavorful and healthy foil packs that are sure to be a hit with your guests this 4th of July.
Congratulations! You have just created a delectable meal with tin foil wraps on the grill. The combination of fresh veggies, a touch of seasoning, and the smoky flavors from the grill have transformed these simple ingredients into a culinary masterpiece.
We at Top of the Hill Quality Produce and Meats wish you a Happy Independence Day celebration!