Fall Squash are Here!
Fall has arrived, and this means our locally-grown squash is ripe for picking! Whether you're looking for a traditional butternut or acorn variety or some more exotic choices such as delicata or carnival squash, we have what you need to complete any fall meal. Bake it in the oven and savor its delicious nutty flavor; mix it into soups and curries; roast it on the grill - no matter how you prepare it, these squashes lend outstanding taste to any dish!
Looking for an old-time favorite? Our sugar pie pumpkins are just waiting for someone to make them into fresh homemade pumpkin pies. Drop by today and we can help point out which type of squash would best suit your needs!
Squash & Their FlavorsWith so many great choices of squash to choose from, how do you know which is best for you? Check out our flavor profiles and suggested cooking methods to help choose what best meets your needs.
- Butternut Squash: Sweet – Roasting, Soups & Sides
- Acorn Squash: Sweet, Mild Flavor – Oven Roasted
- Sugar Pie Pumpkin: Rich Sweetness – Pumpkin Pie
- Blue Kuri Squash: Sweet, Rich Flavor – Soups & Stews
- Carnival Squash: Buttery Sweet – Oven Roasted
- Delicata Squash: Savory, Light Sweet – Oven Roasted
- Cinderella Squash: Savory – Curry’s & Stews
- Turban Squash: Sweet, Nutty – Fill with Meatloaf Mixture & Bake